Thursday 7th May 2015
A symposium exploring the use of PebblePad to support frameworks for Healthcare Programmes and for Qualified Healthcare Professional Requirements:
- Undergraduate Clinical Assessment
- Reflective Placement Learning
- Curriculum activities
- Professional Development Planning
- Continuing Professional Development
The cost for the event is £95.00 + VAT and will include lunch and refreshments.
Who should attend?
- Lecturers and programme leads for healthcare programmes
- Learning Technologists involved in designing and supporting Healthcare frameworks
- Managers involved with supporting ongoing staff development and the revalidation process
Suggested disciplines include:
Nursing, Midwifery, Operating Department Practitioners, Therapy Radiographers, Diagnostic Radiographers, Physiotherapy, Pharmacy, Optometry, Medicine, Dentistry, Paramedics, Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Health Therapy.
Dr Karen Harrison-Dening - What does excellence look like?
Dr Richard Bostwick - Health Service Workforce Development and PebblePad
David Eddy - Putting the 'P' in CPD: Utilising PebblePad to Support Continuing Professional Development
Paul Duvall - PebblePad in Medicine
Gemma Quinn - Assessment of pharmacists against a competency framework on a MSc/Diploma Clinical Pharmacy (Hospital)
Andrew Gully - Alas poor paper-based assessment! I knew him Horatio.
- 9.30 - Registration and coffee
- 10.00 - Welcome Debbie Holmes
- 10.05 - Dr Karen Harrsion-Dening, Director of Admiral Nursing, Dementia UK
- 10.30 - Australian Healthcare experience with PebblePad - followed by live link to Australia by Dr Richard Bostwick, Senior Lecturer Post Graduate Mental Health, University of Notre Dame
- 11.15 - Break
- 11.45 - David Eddy, Principal Lecturer in Radiotherapy and Oncology Sheffield Hallam University
- 12.15 - Gemma Quinn, Course Director MSc Clinical Pharmacy, University of Bradford
- 12.45 - Lunch
- 13.45 - Andrew Gulley, Deputy Head of Operating Department Practice Education, University of Leicester
- 14.15 - Paul Duvall, Director of Technology Enhanced Learning, and School of Medicine, University of Liverpool
- 14.45 - Network exchange over tea
- 15.30 - User experiences TBC
- 16.00 - Round up and closing thoughts
Location: Maple House, Corporation Street, Birmingham, B4 6TB, UK Link: http://www.pebblepad.co.uk/seminars/sem032015/